Oscars 2024 thoughts -ACTING-

 As a class we reviewed the 95th Oscar awards and as someone really captivated by the sweeping movie ‘Everything Everywhere all at once’ I was over the moon with the winnings they received throughout the night; the winnings being a total of 7 Oscars making it the biggest winning film in history at the academy awards. 

Best actress 



Michelle Yeoh 

  • Everything Everywhere all at once 

So overjoyed that she won. Michelle Yeoh makes history for her deserving achievement as the first Asian woman to win an academy award for best actress. Her performance was just incredible; filled with emotional nuance, we see her being not only interesting but also relatable. I think she is a spectacle and an inspiration.  

Best Actor 



Brendan Fraser 

  • The Whale 

As someone who has never seen The Whale, I didn’t find myself being that invested in the turnout. Nonetheless I was still very happy to see Brendan Fraser winning the award, especially after his emotional acceptance speech; I had heard great things regarding his performance in the movie, so I had complaints regarding his win.  

Comments

Popular Posts